QUALIFICATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Admitted as Solicitor & Barrister of the High Court of Australia
- Admitted as Solicitor & Barrister of the NSW Supreme Court
- General Member (part-time) of the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal
- Accredited Specialist (Commercial Litigation)
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
- Member of the Law Society of NSW – Litigation Law & Practice Committee (2020, 2021)
- Member of the Law Society of NSW – Public Law Committee (2020, 2021)
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the American Bar Association- International Law Section
- Member of the American Bar Association- Tort, Trial and Insurance Practice Specialty Group
- Bachelor of Laws
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Associate of the Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers
- Automotive Fault Diagnosis Expert over 20 years of experience
- Qualified in both Automotive Motor Mechanics and Liquified Petroleum Gas Mechanics Trades
- Study also was undertaken in Arts and Psychology
Contact Mal Zraika today on: (02) 8379 1227
Mal Zraika is admitted as a Solicitor and Barrister to the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia and is the Principal of Cogent Lawyers. He is a member of the Law Society of New South Wales and the American Bar Association.
Mal Zraika is regularly involved in various commercial, civil, and administrative law matters at Federal, and State levels. He has also been involved with some high profile matters before the District Court, Supreme Court, the NSW Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Australia and also regularly briefed to appear in National Disability Insurance Scheme matters before the Administrative Appeals Tribunal of Australia (AAT). In late August 2021 Mal was appointed as a part- time Member of the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).
In addition, out of approximately 34,600 solicitors admitted to practice in NSW, Mal Zraika is one of only about 100 to have successfully demonstrated through rigorous examinations the knowledge and experience standard of a specially competent legal practitioner to be conferred the status of an accredited specialist in commercial litigation by the Law Society of NSW. He has extensive experience representing clients in Consumer Protection, Professional Negligence, Insurance, Commercial, Employment, Property and Equity Law matters. Mal provides legal consultant services to a number of national entities and other law firms who specifically engage him for his unique skill set.
As an advocate, Mal Zraika brings to Cogent Lawyers a wealth of experience and provides a dynamic and hard-hitting edge needed to succeed in litigious matters. His philosophy is that an advocate with a strong grasp of the law, facts and issues of a case can and should champion their clients’ rights vigorously, fearlessly, professionally and strategically.
Asked why he has a high success rate in matters Mal says “outside the facts of a case and the law the difference between a successful and unsuccessful outcome in a matter can be proportionate to the level of preparation put into the matter. Accordingly, in all my matters I ensure that all preparation is carried out methodically, you don’t want any nasty surprises in court”.
Moreover, Mal Zraika is regularly sought after for highly litigious and complex matters. Mal also is known for his unique ability to find a basis for successfully defending matters which on their face appear to other lawyers as weak or at times hopeless. So before you throw in the towel, ask Mal for a second opinion.
COMMUNITY LEGAL SERVICES
Mal maintains strong ties with the local community and gives back whenever possible. Mal Zraika has been a qualified member of the Legal Aid NSW Civil Law Panel for over a decade. This allows him to be engaged by Legal Aid NSW to represent clients that are approved grants of legal aid. Mal can then provide his professional legal services to their advantage.
Throughout 2009, Mal lectured 2 days a week in both Certificate 4 and Diploma of Legal Services courses, providing Legal Secretaries and Paralegals with the professional knowledge and practical skill-set they need to perform in the legal profession.
From time to time in 2010 Mal Zraika assisted the University of Western Sydney’s Parramatta Community Justice Clinic by providing free advice to the general public and training and mentoring to final year law students as part of their practical legal training requirements for the Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice.
Connect with Mal on LinkedIn.