We provide a friendly and efficient service.
We will assist you in your purchase/sale of your property. We understand that each real estate property is unique and the purchase or sale experience should be memorable for the right reasons. That is why Cogent Lawyers go to great lengths to make your conveyancing transaction as smooth as possible for you. Our aim is to ensure that you achieve the desired result be it a sale or purchase in as little disruption to you normal life and to complete the transaction as smoothly as possible whilst keeping you fully informed of the progress through out the conveyancing transaction.
To assist us in the process we use hi-tech conveyancing software and we also maintain access to the latest technology to take advantage of the electronic conveyancing system soon to be the standard conveyancing system in New South Wales which will enable a conveyancing transaction to be completed in as little as 3 to 5 days.
We act for clients in all aspects of Commercial and residential property conveyancing transactions; first time buyers, investment property and developers.
For our commercial clients we also offer expertise in the following areas:
- acquisition and disposal of properties
- infrastructure projects
- leasing and property management issues
- property development and construction
- structured property transactions
BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION
- contract drafting & administration
- drafting and negotiating joint venture, project management, maintenance and supply, service and consultancy agreements
- legal rights and obligations of contracting parties
- Alternative dispute resolution
- standard form and special purpose contracts
- all areas of land and environment court litigation
- environmental and planning litigation and dispute resolution
- environmental legal compliance systems, manuals, due diligence and auditing
- environmental advice, including contaminated land, vegetation, climate change
- project approvals
- heritage issues
- resumptions, compensation and valuation of land.
- dealing with contaminated land
- defending prosecutions
- minimising risks and liabilities during EPA and council enforcement actions
- Securing development consents and approvals
- Issues with municipal councils
PROJECTS & INFRASTRUCTURE
- conveyancing, leases and licences
- commercial and joint venture arrangements
- construction issues
- employment contracts, OH and contractors
- finance agreements
- planning and environment
- tax and stamp duty implications
- trade practices and competition