We provide professional advice on a broad range of corporate transactions and commercial law matters in both Parramatta & the Sydney CBD. Our focus is always on the practical and effective implementation of the business goals set by our clients.
Our business lawyers also regularly advise on and prepare a variety of commercial documents and transactions. These include but are not limited to:
- setting up special purpose companies like Non Profit Organisations and Charities.
- contract negotiations, and analysis which can save you money.
- prepare and advise on commercial arrangements such as procurement and supply agreements, distribution agreements, maintenance agreements, consultancy and service agreements, equipment leasing contracts, sponsorship and endorsement agreements and outsourcing agreements.
- prepare or deal with and advise on restraints of trade from both employer and employee positions.
- prepare and advise on joint ventures.
- advise and assist you with Legal and regulatory compliance for your organisation.
- Advising on a range of collaborative structures, including joint ventures, shareholder and partnership agreements.
- advise you on limitation of liability and prepare or amend business contracts, invoices terms and conditions of sale and purchase orders to limit your liability exposure.
- commercial risk identification and effective risk management strategies to minimise exposure. Contact Cogent Lawyers and work with one of Sydney’s top Law Firms.
We appreciate that Commercial or Corporate disputes are a reality of every business, and that they can be expensive, disruptive and uncertain. Our client-focused approach seeks to understand your business needs and its objectives so that we can provide you with the proactive and strategic advice tailored to suit your circumstances.
We also provide risk evaluation advice as soon as a dispute arises in order to limit your costs. Where relevant, we provide a service that will obviate the necessity for court proceedings by providing advice on alternative dispute resolution options.
Our Business Lawyers can assist you in dealing with:
- All types of contractual disputes
- Commercial and Retail Lease matters
- Property related matters
- Professional Negligence claims
- Defamation matters
- Intellectual property, copyright and trade mark matters
- Product Liability matters
- restraint of trade disputes
- injunctive relief advice
- Franchise contracts and disputes
We regularly provide advice and assistance to our corporate clients with:
- mergers and acquisitions
- corporate advice
- directors duties and compliance
- corporate governance and regulations
- company law and structuring
- Company Secretarial – providing a comprehensive company secretarial function including company formations, reorganisations and company restorations
- Corporate Recovery and Insolvency, advising on a range of issues including areas such insolvency, voluntary and compulsory liquidations and receiverships
- Corporate Governance – directors rights and duties, shareholders rights and meetings and on companies memoranda and articles of association
- Regulatory Compliance – matters ranging from the regulatory aspects under the Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- risk assessment dealing with Insurance, business practices and exposure to claims, we also advise on mitigating loss.
- alternative dispute resolution, arbitration and conciliation
- project dispute resolution
- federal, supreme, district, local court litigation
- land environment court litigation
- industrial relations commission litigation