- Juris Doctor (UTS), Sydney
- Master of International Relations & International Law
- Bachelor of Arts (Politics and International Relations)
- Member of the Law Society of NSW
Contact Maher today on: (02) 8379 1227
Maher comes to the legal profession from a background in government and international relations. He was admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW in 2009 after completing a Juris Doctor degree at the University of Technology Sydney. Maher also holds a Master’s degree in International Relations, and a Bachelor of Arts in Politics from Macquarie University.
Prior to joining the Cogent Lawyer’s team, Maher worked for several years with State and Federal government agencies. He also spent six years teaching and lecturing in International Relations, and International Business at the University of Sydney.
Furthermore, having a background working in logistics, transport, importing, and online retail, Maher has a unique insight into the special needs of business. Indeed, he has a passion for assisting small to medium sized business owners understand their legal requirements and regularly provides bespoke legal solutions for the clients’ individual needs.
Maher has lived, studied and worked in Europe and the Middle East. He has also travelled extensively in Asia and has years of experience trading with China, Korea and Japan. He is fluent in Arabic and speaks German and is currently learning Mandarin.
Cogent Lawyers prides itself on the broad background of its team members and we offer our clients the best in legal and business expertise. Maher fits perfectly within our firm’s culture and shares our commitment to be an extension of our clients’ businesses, as their own personal Legal Counsel providing collaborative, creative, yet practical legal solutions to enhance their enterprise.
Maher is available to:
- Advise on Corporate Governance, business structures, director’s duties, corporate compliance, and conflicts of interest.
- Draft and assist with implementation of internal policies and procedures for business clients.
- Review, negotiate and draft complex agreements and commercial and standard form business contracts.
- Advise business clients on strategic decisions, compliance with contractual terms and commitments, Australian Consumer Law, Insurance assessment, limitation of liability and mitigation of exposure.
- Advise on trademarks, intellectual property and confidentiality issues across national and international jurisdictions.
- Carry out due diligence processes and advise on business ventures, share distribution, disclosure requirements and antitrust developments.